Sometimes you don’t realize what you’ve created until you can separate yourself a bit. Get a different perspective. See it as a whole.
I have been privileged to be part of Habañero Collective for some time now. We used to do a music/interview podcast. Then we started hosting house shows in the Phoenix area.
For various and sundry life reasons and circumstances, we’ve taken an extended break from hosting house shows. This time away gave me just enough separation to start looking back at some of the amazing artists we’ve hosted. We’ve been blessed to rub shoulders with some truly creative and dynamic people. People who believe in their craft and pursue creativity.
Until we start hosting shows regularly again, here is a mix of 22 of the amazing artists we’ve been privileged to host in one venue or another. And, even more amazing, this is not all of the artists we’ve worked with.
If you’re interested, here is the setlist:
- Distress by Jeremy Casella
- America’s Son by Air Review
- When It Don’t Come Easy by Justin McRoberts
- One, Two, Three by Christian Lee Hutson
- Big Ghost by Chris Bathgate
- Folded Hands by Zoo Animal
- Always The Same by the Autumn Film
- Arrowplane by Trevor Davis
- Ornithology by Foreknown
- New Way of Living by David Ramirez
- Letting Go And Holding On by Shawn Skinner and the Men of Reason
- Minnie Pearl by Matt Haeck
- Monster Truck by Ramsay Midwood
- The Truth by American Longspurs
- We Will All Be Changed by Seryn
- Old Man’s Town by the Hollands!
- Bones by Owl Parliament
- Honest Kind of Luck Dylan Pratt
- Sisters and Brothers by the Vespers
- Switzerland by the Last Bison
- Nothing Like A Train by Bill Mallonee and the Vigilantes of Love
- Homestead by Northern Hustle