Isn’t that always the way? Instead of being thankful that I’m back with another installment of the Weekly Town Crier, all you can think about is that I missed last week and instead posted a video of Don Edwards yip yipping on the Facebook page instead.
Well why don’t you think of someone else for once in your life, alright?! I am a very busy person and, as much as I exist to serve you, I don’t always have enough time to do everything well. And, gosh dangit, if I can’t do it well, I’m not going to do it. That’s something I learned from my Dear Old Dad.
Well, I guess that implies that today’s Town Crier is excellent. That may or may not be the case. That’s up for you to decide.
It’s time again once again for the year-end list round-up.Year-End Lists, Year-End Lists, Everybody Loves Year-End Lists!:
- Browse All Songs Considered‘s “Year In Music” roundup.
- Browse American Songwriter‘s picks for the “Top 50 Songs Of 2014″.
- Browse Aquarium Drunkard‘s picks for 2014.
- Browse AV Club‘s picks for the “Least Essential” albums of 2014.
- Browse Christianity Today’s picks for books of the year.
- Browse Consequence of Sound’s picks for the best live acts of the year.
- Browse Consequence of Sound‘s picks for the best music videos of 2014.
- Browse as the Drowned In Sound staff picks their top three of 2014.
- Browse Drowned In Sound‘s picks for the best live sets of the year.
- Browse Gorilla vs. Bear‘s list.
- Browse Mojo‘s top 50 albums of 2014.
- Browse Paste‘s top 50 albums of 2014.
- Browse Paste’s top songs of 2014.
- Browse Pitchfork‘s songs of the year.
- Browse PopMatters’ picks for the best “Indie Rock” of 2014.
- Browse PopMatters’ picks for the year’s best “Americana”.
- Browse Rolling Stone‘s picks.
- Browse Sterogum‘s picks.
- Browse Time‘s favorite albums of the year.
- Browse Time’s picks for the worst songs of the year.
Watch Bob Dylan perform a private concert for a single fan.
“Watch Michael Stipe Reminisce About R.E.M. On CBS This Morning“. I don’t know about you, but there’s something disheartening seeing one of my favorite artists from my youth on CBS This Morning. I guess we all have to grow up sometime.
Read “The Case for Drinking as Much Coffee as You Like”.
Read “Relevant”‘s report that Invisible Children is shutting down.
Ever wonder “What Colour Is It” right now?
See 30 celebrity mugshots. Because celebrities are cool, right?!
Read Fact‘s report that one million plays on Spotify will get you $60.00. I’ve often wondered who is trying to make their living off of Spotify. I get the artist issues, but this is also one million plays you might not otherwise have gotten. Musician friends, help me out here.
Read AV Club‘s report that Netflix is going to regularly announce which titles are coming and going.
Read Stereogum‘s report that iTunes recently agreed to stop distributing some “white power” music while Amazon has declined to do so.