Actually, I doubt anyone actually reads this first part so it doesn’t really matter what nonsense I come with, now does it? Let’s be real. There are lots more important things for us to consider. Like, for instance, some of the links I found interesting this week. I hope you find them interesting as well.
Visit our family blog: “The Thomas Ten.”
Browse Large Hearted Boy‘s list of “100 Online Sources for Free and Legal Music Downloads.”
- Read Consequence of Sound‘s report: “Bill Murray signs on for Wes Anderson’s next film.’
It’s the most wonderful time of year: year-end list time!
- * = Added to the list this week.
- Listen as All Songs Considered considers the year in music.
- Browse American Songwriter’s picks for the “Top 50 Albums of 2015.”
- Browse AV Club‘s picks for “The 15 best albums of 2015.” *
- Browse Consequence of Sound‘s picks for the “Top 50 Songs of 2015.”
- Browse Consequence of Sound‘s picks for the “Top 50 Albums of the Year.”
- Browse Design Week’s picks for their favorite album covers.
- Browse FACT‘s picks for the best record labels of the year.
- Browse FACT‘s picks for albums of the year. *
- Browse Flavorwire‘s picks for “The 50 Best Independent Press Books of 2015.”
- Browse as the KEXP DJ’s make their picks.
- Browse NME‘s albums of the year.
- Browse Noisey‘s picks for songs of the year.
- Browse Noisey‘s picks for albums of the year. *
- Browse NPR Music’s “50 Favorite Albums Of 2015.” *
- Browse NPR’s picks for the best books of 2015 *
- Browse as Pandora reveals the top 100 “thumbed up” songs of 2015.
- Browse Paste‘s picks for the “The 50 Best Songs of 2015.”
- Browse Paste‘s picks for albums of the year.
- Browse Paste‘s picks for “The 10 Best Box Sets of 2015.” *
- Browse Paste‘s picks for “The Best Comic Books of 2015.” *
- Browse Piccadilly Records‘s choices.
- Browse as Pop Matters‘s makes their picks for “The 80 Best Albums of 2015.” *
- Browse The Quietus‘s picks.
- Browse Rolling Stone‘s picks.
- Browse Rough Trade‘s picks for their favorite albums of the year.
- Browse Spin‘s picks for “The 50 Best Albums of 2015.”
- Browse Spin‘s picks for the “101 Best Songs of 2015.”
- Browse Stereogum‘s picks for their favorite new bands of 2015.
- Browse Stereogum‘s picks for albums of the year.
- Browse Stereogum‘s picks for their “80 Favorite Songs Of 2015.” *
- Browse Uncut‘s favorite albums of 2015.
Read The Atlantic‘s piece: “Quick Thinkers Seem Charismatic, Even If They’re Not That Smart.”
R.I.P. Robert Loggia.
R.I.P. North Face founder Douglas Tompkins.
Browse Fast Company‘s list of “7 Common Public Speaking Tips You Should Ignore.”
Read Time‘s report: “Samsung to Pay Apple $548 Million in Patent Case.”
- Read The Verge’s report: “Apple waited too long to get into music streaming,” ending with the line: “If Apple is serious about winning in music streaming, the bar must be raised. The name on the door isn’t enough anymore.’
See “A Stunning Scale Model of Our Solar System, Drawn in the Desert.”
Read/listen to NPR’s piece: “After Mass Shootings, People Turn To Prayer — And Prayer Shaming.”
See “What Happens When Millennials Try To Use Their Grandparents’ Technology.”
If you’re in the Phoenix area and looking for a way to help others this Holiday Season, browse Flourish Phoenix‘ list of “11 Ways to Love Our Neighbors this Christmas.”
Read The Atlantic‘s piece: “Why God Will Not Die: Science keeps revealing how much we don’t, perhaps can’t, know. Yet humans seek closure, which should make religious pluralists of us all.”
Read as First Things considers the disappearance of Advent from the regular practice of many churches.
Read Slate‘s report that “Amazon Just Bought Its Own Fleet of Semi-Trucks.”
Read as The New Yorker considers “How Energy-Drink Companies Prey On Male Insecurities.”
Browse NME‘s list of “61 of the Greatest Film Soundtracks Ever.”
Read as The Daily Beast considers: “A new study finds that people who love bulls**t inspirational quotes have lower intelligence and more “conspiratorial ideations.”
Watch as “Colbert Explains Why ‘Thoughts and Prayers’ Matter”.
Read as Russell Moore reminds us “Why Christians must speak out against Donald Trump’s Muslim remarks.”
Read as Pitchfork considers “How Playlists Are Curating The Future of Music.”
Read as Scott Weiland’s ex-wife and children share some sobering thoughts about the man behind the songs.
See “Inside Walt Disney’s Immaculately Reconstructed Office.”
Read as Paste considers “How The Internet Killed Late-Night Comedy.”
Read as Christianity Today wonders: “Do Babies Go to Heaven?”
Read Rolling Stone‘s report that Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, and the Weeknd Lead this year’s Grammy Nominations.
Download Noisetrade‘s 2015 Holiday Mix.
Read Lifeway’s report: “Successful new churches share four factors” at Christianity Today.
Read The Concourse‘s piece: “Happy 20th Birthday To This American Life, Which Is Way Darker Than You Think.”
Read/Listen to NPR’s report that Germany’s Angela Merkel has been named as Time‘s Person of the Year.
Read NPR’s report that Diane Rehm will retire from her long-running broadcast show after the 2016 presidential election.
Read as The Gospel Coalition considers “How Twitter Helped Fred Phelp’s Granddaughter Walk Away From Westboro.”
Browse Food & Wine‘s list of “50 Amazing Nanobreweries in 50 States.”
Read Boing Boing‘s report that Marriott hotels will be “removing desks from its hotel rooms “because Millennials”.
Read “A Christian Case for Ending the War on Drugs The unintended consequences of America’s drug policies” at “Relevant”.
Read Christianity Today‘s report: “Pastors and Pews Vastly Disagree on Discipleship Success.”