As some of you know, I do an occasional music/interview podcast with my good friend Mark Whiten. You see, we love music. And we love Jesus. But we don’t love most music about Jesus. In fact, we think most about Jesus doesn’t really reflect Jesus because it’s just not well-done. For some strange reason, Christians, who used to be at the forefront of the arts, have become little more than copycat propagand pushers.
But, there is great music out there. You just won’t find it at your local “Christian” bookstore or radio station. We take great pleasure in searching this music out and passing it on to you. Sometimes we even get to talk to the artists we play and we get their perspective on things.
With featured artist: Matt Haeck, music from Aaron Strumpel, The Word, Doug Burr, They Sang As They Slew and more. Welcome to the feast for the senses that is Episode 10!
Welcome to Episode 10 of the Habañero Hour, where we dissect and rearrange the idea of “Christian” music. We introduce you to artists we know and love and we talk to some of them along the way as well. We hope you enjoy and we’d love to hear from you.
Episode 10 Tracklist:
- “Western States” by Matt Haeck
- “Courez Courez” by Hermas Zopoula
- “One Twenty One” by Aaron Strumpel
- “Jesus Will Provide” by Isaiah Owens
- “Sola Gratia” by This Beautiful Mess
- “Drug Like The Ocean” by Matt Haeck
- “Crying Holy Unto The Lord” by Bad Livers
- “Red, Red” by Doug Burr
- “I Can See With My Eyes Closed” by They Sang As They Slew
- “Call Him By His Name” by The Word
- “No Delay” by Ohmega Watts
- “Captive Train” by Holler, Wild Rose!
- “Entropy” by Anathallo