Once again, you come to the end of a weary week looking for respite, for calm from the storm. I’m sorry. You’ve come to the wrong place. This is the Weekly Town Crier, where I gather links that you click on and we all pause and go hmmmm, think for a minute and move on with our day, all the better for the moment of mental stimulation. You’re welcome. Now go find some respite. You need it.
Be my friend on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.
Browse this list of how social media might have been marketed in the 60′s.
Read the Christian Century’s consideration of the “new Calvinism.”
Download a free e-book from Seth Godin.
Read about the panel of teens that recently said that Lady Gaga, Jamie Foxx Songs ‘Unhealthy’.
I love year-end lists. And now, we have the added bonus of decade-end lists:
- Browse the best of the year picks from NPR listeners
- Browse this list of the best debut albums of 20009 from PopMatters
- Browse EW.com’s list of the 10 best albums of the decade
- Browse Large Hearted Boy’s favorite albums of 2009.
- Browse Rolling Stone’s albums of the decade.
- Browse Sterogum’s albums of the year.
- Browse Books and Culture’s books of the year.
- Browse Paste’s 25 albums of the year.
- Browse this list from NPR’s All Songs Considered.
- Browse the No Depression Community’s Top 50 Albums of 2009.
- Browse 3hive’s Top 50 of 2009.
- Browse eMusic’s albums of the year.
- Read as the New Yorker blog lists the musical surprises (both good and bad) of the decade.
- Browse Urban Outfitters’ top albums of the year.
- Browse Allmusic.com’s albums of the year.
- Browse Pitchfork’s albums of the year.
- Browse NPR’s list of “10 Albums You’re Too Cool To Like.”
- See Russell Moore’s book of the year.
Read this piece examining “Why Wise Leaders Don’t Know Too Much.”
Get your own Divine Miracle Light today.
Read about the college student who got banned from campus because of her Facebook posts.
Read as John Mark McMillan explains why he wrote the phrase “Dress us up in the blood of a son” instead of the son.
Read as Al Mohler reflects on the life and ministry of Oral Roberts.
Read as Tim Keller examines how we receive criticism.
Read as John MacArthur examines the relationship between preaching and the clock.
Read as the San Francisco Bay Guardian recaps the decade in music.
Read as the Hartford Advocate examines the city’s growing house show scene and stay tuned for house shows here in AZ.
Read this piece wondering what it might look like if Target were run like many churches.
Watch this piece about the IL church giving away money to the “lucky” winner each week. But just don’t call it a “lottery.”
Read about the very controversial church billboard in New Zealand.
Read this piece to understand “Style versus design.”
Read/Watch as Michael Chabon & Wes Anderson pick ‘em: Their favorite Christmas animation.
Read this piece looking at research regarding the “happiest” states in the U.S.
Read about Google losing its French copyright case.
Read about the VA woman who suffocated her newborn and cannot be charged with a crime because the umbilical cord was still attached.